Yes, you read that right–a $300 checking account bonus is available to all new Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account customers that meet the qualifying requirements.
Wells Fargo routinely proves how much they want your business with excellent welcome offers such as this one.
To see how to snag this bonus and avoid the $10 monthly service fee associated with the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account, continue reading our review of this bonus offer below.
How to Get the $300 Bonus
The $300 bonus is for new customers to Wells Fargo who open the Everyday Checking account. This is Wells Fargo’s most popular checking account and can be opened with just $25.00.
Complete These Steps
- Use this link and select whether you’ll be opening the account online or at a local Wells Fargo branch. If you intend to open it in a branch, you’ll have to enter your email before clicking the “Open in Branch” button. A coupon code will then be sent to your email which you can present to a Wells Fargo representative.
- Deposit at least $25 into your new Everyday Checking account before September 26th.
- Receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits to the new checking account within 90 days from account opening (the qualification period).
- Your $300 bonus will then be deposited into your account within 30 days of meeting the requirements in step 3.
The $1,000 direct deposit requirement is fairly standard for checking account bonus offers like this. Just remember this can be in the form of salary, ACH transfers from an employer, social security, income from a rental property, side-hustle or small business, etc.
Finally, you must have a positive balance for this entire period in the account (and it goes without saying, but the account must not be closed for any reason).
If you do not meet these offer requirements within 90 days of opening your account, you will not receive the bonus. But if you do follow these steps, the bonus will be automatically deposited into your checking account within 30 days. Please keep in mind that this bonus will be considered taxable income.
📌 Please Note: Certain groups of people will not be eligible for this offer, including:
- Current owners of Wells Fargo consumer checking accounts,
- Wells Fargo employees, and
- Any individuals that have received a bonus from Wells Fargo for opening a new checking account within the past year.
As with most standard checking accounts offered by big banks, the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly service fee that can be waived in a few different ways.
If any of the following criteria are met or apply to you, the $10 monthly service fee will be waived.
- You are between the ages of 17 and 24.
- You maintain an average daily balance of at least $500.
- You set up direct deposits totaling $500 or more (this does not include peer-to-peer transfers or mobile deposits).
- You link the Everyday Checking account with a Wells Fargo Campus ATM Card or Campus Debit Card in good standing.
This is a fairly generous checking account bonus from Wells Fargo. Typically large banks tend to dangle $50, $100 or in some cases $200 bonuses to new customers as an incentive to join their bank.
If you miss this offer, don’t worry, Wells Fargo usually runs these promotions multiple times per year and/or extends the deadlines.