U.S. Bank hardly needs any introduction. They are the 8th largest bank in the US by total assets with just over $567 billion as of March 2022 and operate under the second-oldest continuous national charter granted in 1863 following the passage of the National Bank Act.
If you happen to be in the market for a new checking account, U.S. Bank is offering sign up bonuses of either $200 or $400 on all three of their tiered checking accounts.
- U.S. Bank Easy Checking
- U.S. Bank Gold Checking, and
- U.S. Bank Platinum Checking
U.S. Bank actually offers 5 checking accounts in total, however, their “student checking” and “safe debit account” are not eligible.
To learn more about these bonuses and how to qualify, continue reading below.
How to Get the Bonus
As mentioned the bonus is going to be either $200 or $400 and is entirely dependent on how large your direct deposit is.
- Earn $200 when your direct deposits total $2,500 to $4,999.99.
- Earn $400 when your direct deposits total $5,000 or more.
Use this link and click on the Apply button beneath the checking account of your choosing.
- The checking account can be opened in a branch, online or over the phone.
- You must ALSO enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 60 days of opening the account.
- You must also complete 2 or more direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account that total $2,500 to $4,999.99 to earn the $200 bonus or $5,000 or more to earn the $400 bonus.
- The cash bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
- The bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT. You are responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you already have a U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last two years, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past two years.
U.S. Bank Easy Checking Account Details
The “Easy Checking” account is U.S. Bank’s most basic checking account. Like all of the 3 checking accounts eligible for the bonus, this one has a monthly fee of $6.95 that can be waived by doing any one of the three:
- You have combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more.
- You keep an average monthly account balance of $1,500 or more.
- You are 65 or older. Monthly fees are waived for seniors.
There is also a $2 paper statement fee that is waived once your account is enrolled in e-statements (not applicable to seniors).
Easy Checking Features:
- U.S. Bank debit card with zero fraud liability and security with contactless and mobile payments.
- Mobile and online banking. Apps available on IOS and android phones.
- Mobile check deposit and bill pay.
- More. Continue reading here.
U.S. Bank Gold Checking Account Details
The “Gold Checking” account is U.S. Bank’s mid-tier checking account offer that is geared towards those with loan products from U.S. Bank. It comes with more features but also a higher monthly maintenance fee of $14.95 per month.
The monthly maintenance fee is waived for those with:
- a U.S. Bank personal loan,
- a U.S. Bank line of credit,
- a U.S. Bank mortgage, or
- a U.S. Bank credit card
The features that U.S. Bank offers for the Easy checking account (listed above) are also available for the Gold checking account. Beyond those features, you are also eligible for:
- No ATM transaction fees are charged on your first two non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions per statement period.
- Higher savings rates (albeit not by much currently).
- Potential to save 0.25% (or up to $1,000) on closing costs for your new first mortgage loan.
- 100 free trades per calendar year when you open a new self directed brokerage account.
- More. Continue reading and get further details here.
U.S. Bank Platinum Checking Account Details
The U.S. Bank “Platinum Checking” account is their most premium offer. This one is really geared towards people who want to do most (if not all) of their banking with U.S. Bank. The monthly maintenance fee is also higher than the other two accounts at $24.95 per month.
This monthly maintenance fee is waived for those with:
- At least $25,000 in combined personal deposits or credit balances with U.S. Bank and/or investments through U.S. Bancorp Investments.
- A personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management.
- Current or former member of the Armed Forces.
Features of the U.S. Bank Platinum Checking account include everything from the previous two checking account packages plus the following:
- Pay no ATM transaction fees for non-U.S. Bank ATMs.
- Earn interest on your checking balance. This rate is tiered based on your balance, but it only pays 0.05% APY on all tiers currently. See current rates here.
- Pay no annual fee on a U.S. Bank home equity line of credit.
- Get a safe deposit box at half-off the annual fee.
- More. Continue reading here.
Leave a Reply