Did you lose your Wells Fargo debit card recently?
Losing a debit card or having it stolen can be a frustrating and stressful experience for anyone.
With the rise of digital banking and cashless transactions, debit cards have become an essential part of our daily lives.
They provide us with convenient access to our bank accounts, enabling us to make purchases, withdraw cash, and pay bills without the need for physical money.
However, the loss or theft of a debit card can lead to unauthorized transactions, fraudulent activities, and potential financial losses. It is crucial to take immediate action and follow the necessary steps to mitigate the impact of such incidents.
Take a look at our guide on how to get a replacement debit card from Wells Fargo and how to deactivate your lost or stolen Wells Fargo card below.
Cancel Your Lost or Stolen Wells Fargo Debit Card
If your Wells Fargo debit card is lost or stolen, it’s important to cancel it as soon as possible to prevent unauthorized transactions on your account. You can cancel a lost or stolen Wells Fargo debit card using any of the following methods:
- 🖥 Online – Log in to your Wells Fargo account online at www.wellsfargo.com, select the “Account Services” tab, and click on “Report Lost or Stolen Card” under the “Card Services” section. Follow the prompts to cancel your lost or stolen debit card.
- 📞 Phone – Call the Wells Fargo customer service number at 1-800-869-3557 and follow the prompts to report a lost or stolen card. A customer service representative will assist you with cancelling the card.
- 🏦 Branch – Visit a Wells Fargo branch and speak with a banker to report your lost or stolen card. They will assist you with cancelling the card and ordering a replacement.
When cancelling your lost or stolen Wells Fargo debit card, be sure to provide any requested information to verify your identity, such as your account number, social security number, and other personal information. Once you have cancelled your card, Wells Fargo will block any further transactions on the card and send you a replacement card within 5-7 business days. It’s important to monitor your account for any unauthorized transactions and report them to Wells Fargo as soon as possible.
Follow these simple steps to request your replacement card.
- Log in to your Wells Fargo account online at www.wellsfargo.com.
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Account Services” tab.
- Under the “Account Services” tab, select “Request a Card” from the drop-down menu.
- On the “Request a Card” page, select the account for which you need a replacement card.
- Next, select the reason why you need a replacement card from the drop-down menu. You can choose from options like “Lost or Stolen” or “Damaged.”
- Enter the cardholder’s name and the last four digits of the lost or damaged card.
- If necessary, update the mailing address where you want the new card to be sent.
- Review and confirm the information you entered, and then submit your request.
Once your request is submitted, Wells Fargo will process it, and your new card will be mailed to you within 5-7 business days. If you need your new card sooner, you may be able to request expedited shipping for an additional fee. You can check the status of your card replacement request by logging in to your account and checking the “Account Services” section.
Over the Phone Replacement
If you’d rather speak to a Wells Fargo representative to handle your lost or stolen debit card, you can do so by calling the Wells Fargo customer service number. Here’s how:
- Dial the Wells Fargo customer service number at 1-800-869-3557.
- Listen to the prompts and select the option for “Lost or Stolen Card” or “Replace Card.”
- Enter or speak your Wells Fargo account number or social security number when prompted.
- Confirm your identity by providing any other requested information, such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- Follow the prompts to request a replacement debit card.
- If necessary, verify your mailing address where you want the new card to be sent.
- Confirm your request with the customer service representative or automated system.
Once your request is submitted, Wells Fargo will process it, and your new card will be mailed to you within 5-7 business days. If you need your new card sooner, you may be able to request expedited shipping for an additional fee ($16.00).
You can also check the status of your card replacement request by logging in to your account online or contacting customer service again.
In Branch Replacement
As we noted earlier, another other option for obtaining your new replacement card would be to stop by a local Wells Fargo branch. If you’d prefer to go this route then follow these steps:
- Find a Wells Fargo branch near you by using the “Locations” tool on the Wells Fargo website.
- Bring valid identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, and your Wells Fargo account number with you to the branch.
- Once you arrive at the branch, approach a banker and explain that you need a replacement debit card.
- Provide the banker with your identification and account number, and answer any security questions they may have to verify your identity.
- Let the banker know if you want your new card to have any special features, such as a custom design or a chip for added security.
- The banker will order a replacement card for you, and you will receive it in the mail within 5-7 business days.
- If you need your new card sooner, you may be able to request an instant issue card, which can be printed and activated on the spot for a fee.
Once you receive your new Wells Fargo debit card, be sure to activate it and update any recurring payments or automatic debits with the new card information.
Cost of Wells Fargo Debit Card Replacement
Fortunately, there is no fee for replacing your lost or stolen debit card (unless you opt for rush delivery). And you have three options for obtaining it:
- The first and quickest option is to go to a local Wells Fargo branch and have them print you out an instant debit card on the spot.
- The second would be to wait for one to arrive in the mail, but it will take 5-7 calendar days for it to arrive.
- The third would be to pay to have it rush ordered. This cost $16.00 and will take just 3 business days to arrive.
There are multiple avenues to take when replacing your Wells Fargo debit card with the best option being to go to a local branch and have them print out a replacement card that same day.
If you’re going to be without a debit card for a few days while Wells Fargo replaces it, just be sure to arrange for payments that need to be made during this period that we’re tied to your old card.
Leave a Reply